For the last several months, I haven’t really focused on growing my business. *Gasp!* And guess what? I’m ok with that! Instead, I made a conscious choice to step back and focus on OTHER things, both personal and related to my business. Have you ever done that? Intentionally or unintentionally shifted your focus to something that may not be understood by your peers, but it has benefitted you greatly?
Here’s a few things I’ve chosen to focus on instead of growing my bottom line, building an email list, and constantly marketing myself and my services:
- Pouring into the clients I already had (and gained during this time). I made sure I was serving them well and building a great relationship with them that I have no doubt will last well into the future.
- Refining my own business systems and processes. I want to make sure that I practice what I preach. My goal is to have my own business streamlined, working smoothly, and ready for growth.
- Reimagining, reviewing, and brainstorming what I wanted my business to become, both in the near term and down the road. This included refining my own business roadmap (something I offer to clients but hadn’t done completely for myself). I clearly defined my company values, who I wanted to serve, and how I wanted to serve them.
- Building my skills to better serve future and current clients. This included networking and broadening my knowledge of things like SEO and marketing. It also included exploring programs such as Clickup, Asana, SquareSpace, Shopify, Kartra, Teachable, Convert Kit, Flodesk, Dubsado, Showit, and WordPress. I used this time to wrap my head around what platforms I want to work in for my own business and which ones I want to help clients use effectively.
- Learning about other industrie sand how they can translate into me serving my clients and running my own business more effectively. Innovation is something I’m passionate about but I haven’t shared much on. This is something you’ll start to see a lot about moving forward.
- Spending time with my family. My husband and I made a few big updates to our house. We enjoyed time together, we took our kids on adventures, and we just were. We have spent the last few years in constant movement, dealing with big, life-altering events, and never slowing down. It is such a relief to feel some of that burden lift and see the hard work and big choices we’ve made pay off and turn into the peace, rest, and relationships we have been working toward.
- Growing a baby girl. Surprise! As I write this I am about 2 1/2 months out from my due date. I have spent time taking care of myself and resting as I need it. This is a luxury I didn’t take advantage of enough with my previous pregnancies. It has been an adjustment to slow down and rest but it is much appreciated. It has given me perspective and ideas that make me so excited for the next chapter of our family and my business.
So what does this all mean now? I’m ready to start showing up again for you, my fantastic community. It may seem unconventional to want to kick things back into gear so close to having a baby, but I’m ok with that! I am full of ideas and I don’t want to wait until I’m back from a “traditional” maternity leave to put them into action. Don’t get me wrong, I will be slowing down even more, especially during November and December. However, I don’t actually plan on stopping completely. I love my business, my clients, and the community I am building. I want to regain momentum and share that love and excitement with you.
Here are few things to expect in the next few months:
- A beta launch of my VIP Week offering. I am super excited about this, everyone. Imagine having a huge business system transformation in just 7 days. Bonus: My beta-price will be in effect until the end of October as I refine my offering and serve as many people as possible before this little girl is born I can’t wait to tell you more about it but know that it will include the following:
- A full systems and process audit of your business.
- The revamp or totally new setup of the platform of your choice (think Dubsado, Clickup, Asana, Google Suite, Teachable, etc.).
- Video and written training material on that platform and your new workspace within it.
- Your own customized business roadmap to clarify your business values, goals, and action items, and focus areas to guide how you plan and work over the next year or more.
- Many more active interactions on social media and my blog. My brain is bursting with content to share with you to help you systemize and streamline your business. I’ve also got so much to share about how to innovate and utilize popular programs and platforms more effectively.
- My sometimes unpopular opinions on how I don’t think every business needs fancy or expensive systems or platforms to be really effective. I have realized that a cornerstone of my business and education will be around making sure that what you have in place is actually working for YOU, is actually supporting your business, and is being utilized effectively.
- More behind-the-scenes peeks. I’d love to share more about how I’m serving my clients, what my own business back-end looks like, and anything else you’d like to learn about. I’m a pretty open book.
So tell me: When have you shifted your focus away from growing your business and seen benefits from it? What are you most interested in seeing or hearing about from me in the next few months?
Did you enjoy this blog post? Check out this one next: